Type of Triangle
- URL : https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/what-type-of-triangle/problem
- Write a query identifying the type of each record in the TRIANGLES table using its three side lengths. Output one of the following statements for each record in the table:
- Equilateral: It’s a triangle with 3 sides of equal length.
- Isosceles: It’s a triangle with 2 sides of equal length.
- Scalene: It’s a triangle with 3 sides of differing lengths.
- Not A Triangle: The given values of A, B, and C don’t form a triangle.
- MySQL, Oracle Solution
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 select case when a + b <= c or a + c <= b or b + c <= A then 'Not A Triangle' when a = b and a = c then 'Equilateral' when a = b or a = c or b = c then 'Isosceles' else 'Scalene' end from triangles;