- In this challenge, you’ll work with arithmetic operators. Check out the Tutorial tab for learning materials and an instructional video!
- Given the meal price (base cost of a meal), tip percent (the percentage of the meal price being added as tip), and tax percent (the percentage of the meal price being added as tax) for a meal, find and print the meal’s total cost.
- Be sure to use precise values for your calculations, or you may end up with an incorrectly rounded result!
- Input Format
- There are 3 lines of numeric input:
- The first line has a double, mealcost (the cost of the meal before tax and tip).
- The second line has an integer, tippercent (the percentage of mealcost being added as tip).
- The third line has an integer, taxpercent (the percentage of mealcost being added as tax).
- Output Format
- Print the total meal cost, where totalcost is the rounded integer result of the entire bill (mealcost with added tax and tip).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 import math import os import random import re import sys # Complete the solve function below. def solve(meal_cost, tip_percent, tax_percent): totalcost = round((meal_cost) + (meal_cost *(tip_percent / 100)) + (meal_cost *(tax_percent / 100))) print(totalcost)
1 2 3 4 meal_cost = 12 tip_percent = 20 tax_percent = 8 solve(meal_cost, tip_percent, tax_percent)